I appreciate being nominated for this Versatile Blogger Award from fellow blogger, Eilidh Horder, https://eilidhhorder.com/. Eilidh (pronounced Ay-lee), has been a positive source of support since I started this blogging adventure 7 months ago and I appreciate her so much… Merci!
Eilidh writes an emotional and mental health blog, is a great photographer and always has a positive word for others. Please check her out when you get a chance.
Rules for Participation:
Take a moment to thank the person who nominated you! It will make their day and you can use this exercise as an item on your Gratitude list for today. Go ahead and provide a link to their website since you’re clearly on a roll and about your business!
Share 7 facts about yourself. Harmless, right?
Nominate 15 other bloggers.
Seven (Random) Facts About Me
1. I have fake eyebrows. I might have 10-12ish eyebrow hairs between both brows and that’s on a good day. So, I did a ton of research and succumbed to the beauty treatment (fad?) known as Micro-blading. The first treatment I got was in Miami, maybe 4 years ago and it wasn’t painful at all. A beautiful Cuban woman named Elisabeth did them and she was extremely professional and experienced. The second time I got micro-bladed was here in Atlanta and I added micro-shading to the process. So, two procedures in one setting. Beautiful results, but painful.
2. A miniature human being has completely stolen my heart and his name is Jaxon. I can’t believe he’s turning 4 in a few months, time really flies. Take a peek at this cuteness…
3. I honestly don’t understand negative book reviews. I mean, unless the books are totally incoherent and unintelligible how do people justify
annihilating dismissing the self-expression of another human being? I don’t get it and probably never will. I see so many authors on social media sharing stories about their negative reviews and it’s obviously hurtful to them. I feel so bad for them, really. How about, if you don’t care for the book and can’t think of anything positive to say just keep it to yourself, okay?
4. My name, Mya is actually pronounced Me-yuh. Like, Mama Mia or Mia Farrow. Yes, my name is typically spelled with an “I” but my Dad wanted to be fancy for no reason and changed the spelling, hence decades of confused teachers and co-workers. Love you, Daddy!
5. I LOVE Beyonce and went to see her and Jay-Z’s OTR II concert in Atlanta last year at the new Mercedes Benz stadium. It was undoubtedly one of the best concerts I have EVER attended. If she comes to a city near you, do NOT miss the opportunity to watch her do what she does best.
6. I am a self-confessed skin-care junkie. I discovered this oil on my last travel adventure and have ordered several bottles since returning. Nuxe is the bomb, smells intoxicating and makes my skin feel softer than a baby’s bottom. I genuinely love French products…they do it right.
7. I could care less for all of the preparation, pomp and circumstance surrounding Thanksgiving. Don’t confuse that with the fact that Mommy is one of the best cooks ever and her meals are everything, but all of that cooking for one meal (cue the tasty leftovers) is unnecessary to me. I would gladly settle for a nice Houston’s Hawaiian steak with an Amaretto Sour and feel perfectly content. 🙂 Real talk. We should be practicing gratitude every single day anyway. Judge me if you want.
I don’t know 15 bloggers that I’d nominate, but here’s my list of Versatile Bloggers. They each bring something different to the table and that’s what I love most about this industry. Please check our their sites!
Nicole at https://nadwyerbooksandmore.com/
Janice at http://theempoweredemployee.com
Martika at http://linktr.ee/martikashanel
Vanessa at http://thewellbeingblogger.com
Heather at http://www.capdantibesvillas.com She also makes beautiful jewelry!!!
Amanda at http://sheeatsthatstuff.com